No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Wes Evans – Video Ad Mini-Course
Check it out: Wes Evans – Video Ad Mini-Course
A crash-course in writing, shooting, and editing a video ad!
Smartphone + video app $4 for iPhone, $0 for Android
Tripod $24 & Phone clip $8
Rode Smartlav+ $68 & Extension cable $9
Video editing software – we’ll be using Camtasia, but any software you’re familiar with will work just fine.
(Detailed walkthrough included.)
Hi, I’m an Austin-based filmmaker for Icarus Burning Productions. With clients including The University of Texas, Tastemade, Livestrong.com, eHow, smaller local businesses, and more, I’ve learned a lot from the wide variety of styles that each project required. Throw in short films, music videos, animations, and other passion projects and I have racked up a fun amount of knowhow that I’m thrilled to help others learn!
So, stick around and let’s figure out how to make your project go from “thing I want to do” to “thing I did”.
Intro & Overview
- Let’s do something cool. (2:48)
Writing the script
- Write the script (template included)
Setting up gear, phone apps, and camera settings
- iPhone Camera App Walkthrough (8:00)
- Android Camera App Walkthrough (4:43)
- Setting up your Tripod, Smartphone Camera, and Rode SmartLav+ (4:13)
- Setting up your LED Light & Umbrella (5:22)
Finding your frame!
Daylight Scouting (23:03)
- Nighttime Scouting (9:23)
- Cleaning up your frame (15:44)
- Final Setup (1:11)
Record! (And performance tips)
Recording Tips! (Focus, clothing choices, mic placement, eye contact, and more.) (14:24)
- Performance (7:38)
Android: Transferring video (1:50)
- iPhone: Transferring video (1:24)
- Editing in Camtasia (12:48)