No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Habit School – Make It Stick Habit School DIY
Check it out: Habit School – Make It Stick Habit School DIY
Make It Stick Habit School
A 6-week DIY program to help you build good habits + break bad ones, once and for all.
You’re a smart, capable person who dreams of changing your life without constantly battling temptation and self-sabotage.
You know all of the bad habits are slowly adding up, but you’ve tried to break them before and it hasn’t worked.
You smell fresh donuts as you walk past the bakery and all of a sudden, you’ve bought half a dozen. You hear the buzz of a notification from your phone and then you’ve been scrolling Instagram for an hour. You feel the thrill of caffeine in your veins, so you drink two more lattes and now you’re $10 poorer and too wired to sleep.
You’re convinced you’re “not good at this stuff” and that good habits – drinking water, meditating, journaling – are things only “other people” can do.
You believe those bad habits that undermine what you want are “just how you are.”
Have you ever wondered …
- Is there some trick to becoming a morning person that I can’t figure out?
- I wish it felt easy to skip the fifth cookie and opt for carrots instead.
- What would life be like if those good habits and choices felt doable?
But it’s actually possible for you to have what you want: Good habits that feel easy, natural, and almost on auto-pilot.
Picture this – you’re happier, healthier, and more fulfilled because you’ve ditched your bad habits like a… well, you get the picture.
You get out of the bed and the first thing you do is settle into Lotus Pose to meditate – you’re not even tempted to look at your phone. You pad into the bathroom and see an orange bottle sitting on the sink and you take your medication – you haven’t missed a dose in five weeks.
At lunch, you feel the sun on your skin and the ground under your feet as you head out for a walk to get fresh air and clear your head. You’ve been taking these lunch hour walks every workday for months now and they’ve made such a difference in your mood, your productivity, and how you feel about afternoon meetings.
I’m Sarah Von Bargen, creator of Make It Stick Habit School.
I built a daily writing habit that led to a blog that’s been going for 10+ years – 70% of blogs quit within the first three months! I’ve also built money habits that helped me pay off $50,000 of school debt and some pretty impeccable flossing habits, if I do say so myself.
I’ve helped my clients build 10,000-steps-a-day habits, gym habits, and daily writing habits. I’ve helped them break spending habits and lifestyle habits that were putting them in debt.
And if you’re looking for ‘official’ qualifications, I’ve studied these topics at a graduate school level. Neural pathways, pedagogical theory, self-narrative – these were all part of my Master’s Degree in Applied Linguistics.
Habit School was created after 10+ years of working with clients whose hard work was being undermined by bad habits + bad information.
After watching clients flounder, I realized that much of the information about habit change we see in listicles and magazines is just flat out wrong.
And the methods that are based on this false information? Unsurprisingly, they don’t work.
That’s why I created Make It Stick Habit School. This isn’t your typical do-something-for-21-days-and-then-it’s-a-habit stuff. Habit School is different than all the goal-setting, habit-changing stuff you’ve tried before.
If you hate dragging yourself to the gym, peeling yourself away from Netflix, or going cold turkey on caffeine – you’re going to love Habit School!
Habit School is a 6-week program that will help you turn temptation + self-sabotage into easy-to-stick-to good habits… that lead to a great life.
For six weeks, I’ll teach you to build on already established good habits, swap out bad habits, and identify your triggers, and create contingency plans for when you’re tempted.
Habit School is built on scientific principles and it’s structured to be the best way to help you finally stop battling temptation and self-sabotage.
Are you ready to make your good habits stick? Are you ready to finally deliver on those resolutions you worked hard to dream up?
Here’s what you’ll learn in each of the 6 weeks:
Week 1: Introduction to the Science of Habits
- When you try to change too many habits at once, you’re more likely to fail
- Notice when you pick too many habits and understand how it makes you feel
- Make sure you’re changing a habit for THE RIGHT REASON (when you do it for the wrong reason, it’s not going to stick)
Week 2: Understanding Your Bad Habits
- Connect your habits to their physical and emotional impacts, it’s easier to change them
- Take responsibility for your actions and how they affect you
- Develop a taste for your good habits + their effects (or an aversion to your bad habits and their effects)
- Stop rushing through your feelings + denying how things affect you (P.S. this skill will have a ripple effect through your life!)
Week 3: Creating Good Habits
- Strengthen your resistance to temptation
- Tune into what ‘habit success’ will feel like, so you can drop into that feeling when you need it
- Feel good + proud WHILE you’re in the process of changing your habit, not just after you’ve done it
- Steal the exact strategy that Olympic athletes and CEOs use to change their habits
Week 4: Tracking Your Habit Progress
- Improve your relationship with yourself + build your self-trust
- Release your obsession with results – You can be proud of yourself NOW, not just about when you pay off the debt or when you can run an eight-minute mile
- Stay committed even after that first blush of excitement
Week 5: Understanding Your Triggers
- Understand all the triggers that trip you up so you can have a plan (this will help with literally EVERYTHING in your life)
- Remove guilt and moral judgement when you ‘screw up’
- Put good choices on autopilot so you don’t have to rely on self-control in the moment
Week 6: Building in Long Term Success
- Remove temptation once and for all
- Forge the neural pathways that connect the habit to the outcome, so it’s easier to stay on the wagon
- Free up the brain space you’ve spent resisting urges or forcing yourself to do “good” things and put that energy towards something else!
You’re determined to make your good habits stick and this program is going to help you do that.
We’ve all done it – read the magazine article about “21 days to a new you!,” stuck it on the fridge, and then …. nothing.
Real talk: habit change is hard and it’s even harder if the only support you’re getting is a book or a magazine article. Habit School is a totally different approach. I send you weekly emails to keep you on track and each email ends with an accountability question. And when you reply to those emails? I reply right back with tips, advice, or a series of high five emojis.
And if I’m going to be real? Most of those articles about habit change are written by a staff writer who has zero professional expertise in this area and is rehashing out-of-date statistics.
I’ve studied neurology and the power of self-narrative at a graduate school level. (Yes, that’s the sound of me tooting my own horn! )