No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Gourav Shah – Zero to Docker
Codespace.io – Setting up learning environment without Installing a Software on your System (5:54)
Gourav Shah – Zero to Docker
Check it out: Gourav Shah – Zero to Docker
Learn to build, deploy and deliver and manage software applications with containers and master docker one bite at a time
With Docker at its core, open containers eco system is changing the way software is being built, shipped, delivered and orchestrated. If you observe closely, you could clearly see the tell-tale signs that its set to be the next big thing. All big cloud players and technology platforms alike have released tools and services around containers. Leave Google’s and Amazons of the world who are already using containers in production, multitude of companies globally are either contemplating a container strategy or already in process of adopting to it. If you are a IT practitioner, you should not miss being part of this revolution, and be ahead of the game by adding this shiny new skill of today and essential skill for tomorrow to your portfolio.
This course is part of the bite sized devops learning series by School of Devops, and is a pragmatic learning path to master building, deploying, delivering and managing softwarewith containers and docker.
This course will begin with an introductory section which will give you a good conceptual understanding by answering all of the questions below,
- What Containers are and how its different than VMs
- Whats under the hood ? What makes containers possible?
- How is Docker Changing Software Delivery
- How does Docker fit into a devops workflow ?
- What is Open Container Eco System and what are its Components ?
The introductory section is the only theoretical section, which is then followed with a scenario based, hands on sessions, which emphasise learning by doing. Each of the section includes quizzes and follow up nano projects, and troubleshooting exercises.
By the time you are done with this program, you should be able to ,
- Run, launch and manage containers
- Manage and control resource limits and container properties
- Package a software application, build docker images, and publish on registry with Dockerfiles
- Deploy micro services stack with Docker Compose in Dev and Staging
- Orchestrate docker deployments at scale in Production with Docker Swarm
- Architect fault tolerant, high available systems and achieve zero downtime deployments
Hi, this is Gourav. Being passionate about linux and open source, I built a good foundation for my professional career while I was still at Engineering School. I ed my career as a ops guy, being a systems admin and later as a operations engineer. I then went on to transform my career to be a Devops Consultant, Corporate Trainer, Devops Coach and a Public Speaker. I have helped more than 10k tech professionals from top companied of the world to transform their careers to be devops ready. I am a published author with one book and more than 18 courses published on many platforms including Udemy, Packt, Skillshare, Orielly’s Safari Books Online and this site. I have more than 60k students online. I have been recently featured on edX with my course on Devops and SRE, published by Linux Foundation, the world leaders in open source. You could check his biography here
About this Course
Why learn Docker ? (2:25)
- About Instructor (2:38)
- Course Outline and Methodology (2:51)
- New Lecture
Introduction to Docker
Section Intro : Introduction to Docker (1:13)
- Zero to Docker in 5 minutes (6:12)
- Worksheet : Zero to Docker in 5 minutes
- Three Ways – Containers, VMs and Bare Metals (12:34)
- Whats under the hood – Namespaces, Cgroups and OverlayFS (10:12)
- Portability, Density, Consistency – The Key Features of Docker (12:44)
- The Docker Evolution Story (8:17)
- Docker Workflow and Components (8:32)
- New Lecture
Setting up the Environment
Section Intro – Environment Setup (1:45)
- Docker for Mac/Windows (2:02)
- Setting up Docker Toolbox (2:43)
- Codespace.io – Setting up learning environment without Installing a Software on your System (5:54)