No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Elizabeth Gillette – Healing Anxious Attachment
Check it out: Elizabeth Gillette – Healing Anxious Attachment
Healing Anxious Attachment
Prompts, practices, resources, and tools to support you in healing old patterns and creating healthy, secure, and joyful relationships
If you experience anxious attachment–always wanting more from your partner, feeling dissatisfied with your relationship connection, and feeling unsettled or worried when you are apart, I want you to know I totally get it. I understand how stressful it is to experience anxious attachment moments–and I want to support you in healing those old patterns so you can experience more ease, calm, and joy in your relationships with others.
This course will:
- clearly explain what anxious attachment is, where it comes from, and why we have it
- discuss what is needed to HEAL anxious attachment
- provide scripts and suggestions for healthy communication in relationships to reduce anxious attachment experiences, including communicating needs effectively, choosing the best time to have a tough conversation, celebrating when things go well, and processing effectively when they don’t
- provide a workbook full of daily practices to increase self-soothing, resilience, self-esteem, and boundary-setting
By the end of this course, you will have a deeper, more compassionate understanding of anxious attachment, skills to rework old patterns, and practices that support your healing.
I am dedicated to supporting folks in having healthier relationships with themselves, their partners, their families, and their communities. I can’t wait to dive in with you!
My name is Elizabeth Gillette, and I’m committed to healing work.
I believe in our innate ability as human beings to heal ourselves and be in relationships with others that feel in alignment with who we are and how we show up in the world. I provide attachment-focused therapy, workshops, and education to support healthy, loving relationships.I’m really excited to be here with you and support you along your healing journey.
Section 1: Course Introduction
- Why I Do This Work (2:39)
- How to Use this Course (2:35)
Section 2: What is anxious attachment and how does it develop?
- How Anxious Attachment Develops (3:40)
- Characteristics of Anxious Fluid Attachment (6:14)
- Positive Qualities of Anxious/Fluid Attachment (3:11)
- Rethinking Anxious Attachment Worksheet
- What helps develop a secure attachment relationship?
Section 3: What is needed to heal anxious attachment?
Core Components of Healing Anxious Attachment Part 1 (5:00)
- Core Components of Healing Anxious Attachment Part 2 (4:08)
- Chasing Old Relationship Patterns Journal Prompt
Section 4: Improving Communication
Introduction to Improving Communication (1:39)
- Knowing You Are Triggered (2:30)
- Noticing Nervous System Activation Worksheet
- Countering Triggers Worksheet
- Communicating Your Needs (2:18)
- Scripts for Communicating Your Needs
- Timing of Conversations (5:36)
- Resentment and Expectations (3:40)
- Leaving Space for Growth and Change Journal Prompt
- Owning Your Needs Journal Prompt
Section 5: Resourcing, self-soothing, and building resiliency
Introduction to Resourcing and Building Resiliency (3:39)
- Understanding Your Worth (3:22)
- Being Aware of Self-Sabotage (3:35)
- The Value of Self-Soothing (2:47)
- Meditation to Support Healing Anxious Attachment (3:14)
- The Importance of Self-Compassion (2:06)
- Why Are Boundaries Important? (2:23)
- Myths About Boundary Setting (2:59)
- Values, Expectations, and Actions Worksheet
- Moving Toward Security Affirmations
- Self-Soothing Tool: Butterfly Hug (2:22)
- Self-Soothing Toolkit Worksheet
Section 6: Wrap up and closing
Recap of Important Aspects of Healing Anxious Attachment (4:01)
- Books and Resources for Continued Healing
- Thank You! (1:34)